HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[2019-12-25] Server Update

Announcements and important information about vafinancials.com.
Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

[2019-12-25] Server Update

Post by Sven2157 » December 25th, 2019, 11:05 pm

First off Merry Christmas to all!

Now for the server ...

So sorry for the delay in posting, folks! Mike and I have been working hard to get the server backup and running. While we were down we assessed that the equipment was old, and not properly configured to prevent this sort of thing. We have been looking at solutions that would create redundancy and allow for failure of a drive, while preserving the data for all VAs.

PLEASE KNOW THAT YOUR DATA IS SAFE!

This was a Windows Server 2008 issue, most likely an update that went south, and the OS was wiped. In figuring out the problem, Mike and I, found that the hardware was old and susceptible to failure as well. So we ordered a new server, new drives and a new OS.

While we take the next day or two to reinstall PHP, MySQL and the Websites, we would like you to know that we now have an 8 core processor, 32 GB of RAM (up from 16 GB), as well as a 1 TB accelerator drive and soon, REDUNDANCY! This means faster everything and, hopefully, the ability to keep running, if one drive dies!

We appreciate your continued patients, while we update the hardware, the OS and reconfigure the server.

Again, sorry for the downtime, but please have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy Holidays and Landings! :ugeek:
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!