HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

Exporting PIREPs

General VAFS Discussions.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
FlavienA
Class E Airspace
VA Name: TUIFly Belgium virtual
VA ID: 27228
Callsign: JAF0001

Exporting PIREPs

Post by FlavienA » June 19th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Good afternoon,

I'm the CEO of TUIFly Belgium virtual, my virtual airline is composed by almost 150 pilots, we have almost 500 schedules available and a fleet up to date. First of all, i would like to tell you congratulations for your systems. I see that you have great options such as import/export all schedules in a .csv file, or some other facilities like the web plugins, a detailed flight tracker really realistic, etc... We really appreciate all these tools because it was really useful for us to transfer all our old datas.

I have a problem using your systems and i would like to talk about it, in fact, my 150 pilots have done numerous flights in our previous version which was using phpVMS. And i would like to know if there is any way to transfer all the previous PIREPs in your systems, using a .csv file for example. I see that it is possible for the schedules, so i wonder why there is no such facilities to import/export PIREPs ?

It would be really interesting for us because our pilots would feel less lost with so many changes in our community. I think it's important for each member to keep all his flying hours, PIREPs sent, etc...

For information, almost all (with the exception of PIREPs) of our old data have already been transferred to your servers, and we would like if you grant us this favor, finish properly our work to better satisfy our community.

Remaining at your disposal for further informations.

Kind regards,
Flavien

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: Exporting PIREPs

Post by Sven2157 » June 20th, 2019, 3:29 am

Hello Flavien,

Welcome to VAFS!

Do you have the old PIREPs in a database? Or ... Can you export a PIREP from phpVMS? If so, can you attach it to a reply so I may review it's contents?
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » June 21st, 2019, 1:53 pm

Hello Flavien,

The SQL dump is perfect, however, I have no idea who to associate pilot id 1 with in the VAFS database, as your pilot ids with VAFS are much larger numbers. So you have two options:
  1. Use something like Notepad++, and then use the Find/Replace, and change all your pilot ids, then resend the SQL dump
  2. Send me a SQL dump of your old pilots table - or whatever table has the old pilot names and ids - and I can adjust the ~674 flights
Once I have something to compare pilot ids to, I should be able to import the data in for your VA. 8-)
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

FlavienA
Class E Airspace

Post by FlavienA » June 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am

Good morning,

Roger, in that case i'll send you a sql dump containing the pilots IDs and their associated first and last name.

Thank's a lot !

Kind regards,
Flavien

FlavienA
Class E Airspace

Post by FlavienA » June 25th, 2019, 11:34 am

Good afternoon,

Have you received my private message few days ago, containing the pilots ids ?

FlavienA
Class E Airspace

Post by FlavienA » July 13th, 2019, 8:03 am

Up...