HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

VAFS / Windows 10

Support for VAFS 5 Pilot Client (App).

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
perryfincher
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Pan American Virtual
VA ID: 26271
Callsign: PA01

VAFS / Windows 10

Post by perryfincher » February 7th, 2019, 12:57 am

Sven;

I have two pilots that use Windows 10 and are having issues with VAFS either not saving log and not uploading completed flight to server in which they get the Cannot Save Log error. The other issue is error is shown on the attachment.

I had both pilots uninstall VAFS and delete any folders remaining in their program files.
Then told them to create a folder directly on the C Drive called VAFS5 and install new download directly into that folder, as well as right click on the VAFS exe and select Run As Administrator.

They state they have done so and still get the same issues.

Is there an issue that VAFS has with Windows 10?

Second error message pic attached.

ERROR.jpg
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry Fincher

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: VAFS / Windows 10

Post by Sven2157 » February 7th, 2019, 1:14 am

They should really come here and report their issues. If I have to ask them specific questions it makes it easier. They should also follow the [INSTALLATION/OPERATION] Running as Administrator instructions for client installation.

As for the map, Google changed many of it's policies, as well as their Google Maps API, and the one the client is using may be an older version that is no longer in use. It could also be that their version of Internet Explorer is not up to date, their firewall is blocking communication - I really can't say, nor am I going to guess any further.

Have then post their issues, and I will be more than happy to assist them, when I can ask them specific troubleshooting questions. :ugeek:
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!