HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

Locking a post you do not want replied?

General VAFS Discussions.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
hoojiongsheng
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
VA ID: 18517
Callsign: SVAG1033

Locking a post you do not want replied?

Post by hoojiongsheng » September 2nd, 2017, 8:25 am

Hi Sven
I refer to topic as linked below.

http://forums.myvafinancials.com/viewto ... 801#p23801

You locked the topic just so you don't want people bugging you? Are you Kim Jong Un now? So when things are WORKING BUT NOT WORKING AS USUAL, it is not considered broken with action needed to be taken? So let's say you paid for your internet SUBSCRIPTION. As your ISP, one day I decide to slow down your internet to 512kbps. It is still usable right? Nothing "broken" right? What do you have to say in "your speedtest means nothing" if my customer service tells you that? Just use it! Do you know how dumb that sounds? Honestly, we gave up hope in your so-called V6 that has a never approaching release date. So even just fixing that one feature is too much for you to accommodate all your VAs that pay 6 bucks a month? When we pay, it's not just the SUBSCRIPTION. It's the service. Wrap that around your mind.

I reiterate, I do not expect you to release V6 anytime soon, or at all, because you don't like to be "screamed at". We are not unhappy with things broken, and YOUR ATTITUDE. Yes, we are happy with the overall of VAFS, but NOT YOU. It is YOUR way of answering questions, YOUR way of handling things, that does not, AT ALL, befit an organization that has such a good system, and their dev just REFUSES to maintain it. Just like you buy an antivirus software, but I refuse to give you updates about new threats. Since it can be used, why update, right? Just like you, I deal with technology, and judging by your capabilities of coming with such a software, you must have studied in-depth techniques before. And the BASICS of technology is, we will be always out of date, and it is MANDATORY to move on. If you continue with this mindset of "we'll get it done when we get it done", leave this field please. Go get some mundane 9-5 job. Don't dabble in technology.

Reiteration, since you obviously do not seem to get what your customers want, I am screaming AT YOU, YOUR ATTITUDE and NO ONE ELSE and NOTHING ELSE related to VAFS.

HOO JIONG SHENG
SVAG1033
SINGAPORE VIRTUAL AIRLINES GROUP
VA ID 18517

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: Locking a post you do not want replied?

Post by Sven2157 » September 2nd, 2017, 8:28 am

I unlocked it... (Sorry just as frustrated as you ...)
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

qychan
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Virgin Atlantic Virtual
VA ID: 26474
Callsign: VIR001

Post by qychan » September 2nd, 2017, 8:30 am

Before I get screamed about not including my credentials, here they are:
Benjamin Chan (VIR001) (26474)

I have to give credits to VAFS for its advertised features, but since V5 was rolled out, many things have fallen out of order and it either takes very long to be fixed, or we don't get any answer or hope of it being fixed (like the map feature mentioned in the previous post).

To be honest, we are staying with VAFS bearing the hope that V6 will roll out within my lifetime, but at this moment it does not seem likely. But as fee-paying customers we really need to see that V6 is a PLAUSIBLE update and not a dream that we are hoping for (which will not be fulfilled) even though we are paying every single month waiting patiently.

VAFS6, at this moment, seems even less likely to happen than QualityWings 787. Haha.
Benjamin Chan (VIR001)
CEO
Virgin Atlantic Virtual

hoojiongsheng
Class G Airspace

Post by hoojiongsheng » September 2nd, 2017, 8:33 am

Then work on YOUR attitude. If you are the lead programmer, I don't think changing an embedded browser and releasing an update is that hard. That's all we are asking. For the PIREP to show. Screw the maps. It's not that important. But the PIREP data missing is just too much. For pilots, it reflects on the VA, rarely on you backend dudes. Think of the bigger picture man. You can ask everyone to go, no issues. But there is a darn good reason why we are still staying. It's because, you should be very aware of, your added features such as codeshares, aircraft configs, and stuff like that. No other ACARS does that as of now. Think about you collecting money fro your customers, paying for nothing, and I am pretty sure you will not be able to sleep well.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » September 2nd, 2017, 8:37 am

hoojiongsheng wrote:Then work on YOUR attitude. If you are the lead programmer, I don't think changing an embedded browser and releasing an update is that hard. That's all we are asking. For the PIREP to show. Screw the maps. It's not that important. But the PIREP data missing is just too much. For pilots, it reflects on the VA, rarely on you backend dudes. Think of the bigger picture man. You can ask everyone to go, no issues. But there is a darn good reason why we are still staying. It's because, you should be very aware of, your added features such as codeshares, aircraft configs, and stuff like that. No other ACARS does that as of now. Think about you collecting money fro your customers, paying for nothing, and I am pretty sure you will not be able to sleep well.
My attitude, didn't change anything! BLAME IT ON MICROSOFT!

We, VAFS, have no idea what they are going to do with THEIR browser!
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

qychan
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Virgin Atlantic Virtual
VA ID: 26474
Callsign: VIR001

Post by qychan » September 2nd, 2017, 8:41 am

Thanks for your reply, but I'm a little confused as to what link all these have to do with Microsoft and their browser.
I think Hoo was referring more about service attitudes and post-sales treatment?

Oh wait, sorry I forgot...
Benjamin Chan (VIR001) (26474)
Benjamin Chan (VIR001)
CEO
Virgin Atlantic Virtual

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » September 2nd, 2017, 8:43 am

Ok?

And how was I bad to them in that regard?
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » September 2nd, 2017, 8:45 am

I got attacked, soon after, So here: http://forums.myvafinancials.com/viewto ... ead#unread
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

hoojiongsheng
Class G Airspace

Post by hoojiongsheng » September 2nd, 2017, 9:38 am

By not fixing what is not working as usual is already considered bad service. It doesn't matter what you think, but when you are doing something and making others pay for it, then you need to care what EVERYONE ELSE thinks, because what you think, does not matter at all. Sadly, that is how the outside world works, whether you like it or not.

VAFS001
Class A Airspace
VA Name: VAFS
VA ID: 1
Callsign: VAFS001

Post by VAFS001 » September 9th, 2017, 2:54 am

Hoojiong,

I understand your feelings. However getting on the forums and ripping on the administrator is not going to get anything fixed any quicker.

Once again, if it wasn't for Sven this forum would not have any answers for anyone.

I am not going to post excuses for the delays with VAFS, but there are some very valid reasons why I have not had the time to update anything. Those times are slowly getting back to near normal. As you can see I am on the forums answer some questions and trying to get some stuff back to working order so we can go on to greener pastures.

You are more than welcome to cancel your subscription at any time. I will still support those that stay with the system and I appreciate the support I still get from this community.

The subscription prices have never gone up in over 10 years, The server uptime has been over 99%. Is VAFS5 old? Yes. Is it still stable? Yes. Does it have problems? Yes. Are we going to fix them or get a new version out? Yes.

Whatever decision you decide, we will support your decision.

Thank you
Mike