HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

Empty Pirep After Flights  [SOLVED]

Support for VAFS 5 Pilot Client (App).

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
simplio
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Eastern Airlines Virtual
VA ID: 36
Callsign: EAL328

Empty Pirep After Flights

Post by simplio » January 21st, 2019, 10:20 am

I saw another topic which is similar to this but it is dated October 2018. Seems the problem returned. I can log in, choose a flight, load cargo, Start a flight but wen I finish a flight (engines shut down) I am faced with errors and a empty pirep. However, I can log into my VAFS pilot account in the browser to view it that way. Please help.
Last edited by simplio on January 24th, 2019, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: Empty Pirep After Flights

Post by Sven2157 » January 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm

Hello Doyle (your name is in the image),

Sorry you are having issues. Which browser are you using when you check it online, outside of the client?

*** EDIT ***
Nevermind, I can see in the images you are using Chrome. Do you use Internet Explorer at all? I suspect not. It looks like IE is set to block Javascript. The images clearly say that they are blocking the Google Maps API JS file and the VAFS JQuery JS file.

Try this:
  1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Select Internet Options
  3. Select the Advanced tab
  4. At the bottom of that panel, click the Rest... button
  5. When it is finished, Restart your computer.
  6. When back at the Desktop, start the VAFS Client, and login
  7. Try to view your previous flight logs.
Then post back and let me know how that goes.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

simplio
Class G Airspace

Post by simplio » January 23rd, 2019, 9:09 am

Sven2157 wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm
Hello Doyle (your name is in the image),

Sorry you are having issues. Which browser are you using when you check it online, outside of the client?

*** EDIT ***
Nevermind, I can see in the images you are using Chrome. Do you use Internet Explorer at all? I suspect not. It looks like IE is set to block Javascript. The images clearly say that they are blocking the Google Maps API JS file and the VAFS JQuery JS file.

Try this:
  1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Select Internet Options
  3. Select the Advanced tab
  4. At the bottom of that panel, click the Rest... button
  5. When it is finished, Restart your computer.
  6. When back at the Desktop, start the VAFS Client, and login
  7. Try to view your previous flight logs.
Then post back and let me know how that goes.
No that wasn't the fix, I reset IE8 and reebooted. Same errors appeared. first one is error in google maps js and the second is a access denied error in js. Has to be something else that needs to be done.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Re: Empty Pirep After Flights  [SOLVED]

Post by Sven2157 » January 24th, 2019, 1:16 am

simplio wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 9:09 am
No that wasn't the fix, I reset IE8 and reebooted. Same errors appeared. first one is error in google maps js and the second is a access denied error in js. Has to be something else that needs to be done.
After looking around a bit, I have discovered that the issue may be your IE version.

Unfortunately, Google Maps does not support IE8 or IE9 at all anymore. The VAFS Client is made with Visual Studio, and embeds a special IE browser into the program. When the program uses a browser, it relies on the installed version of IE on the machine. Google Maps Browser Support

From your images, I can see that you are still using Windows Vista. Again, unfortunately, you can not update IE to anything higher than IE9. Internet Explorer System Requirements

It looks as though the only solution is to upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7 or higher. The good news is that you can find a legitimate Windows 10 product key for $20 -$50 USD. That's cheaper than a plane from PMDG! :lol: Google Buy Windows 10 Search Results (Just be careful who you get it from; check them out first!)

As long as your flights are being recorded, if you don't update Windows, you can still view your past flight logs from Google Chrome. Hope that helps. :?
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

simplio
Class G Airspace

Post by simplio » January 24th, 2019, 7:37 am

Sven2157 wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 1:16 am
simplio wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 9:09 am
After looking around a bit, I have discovered that the issue may be your IE version.

Unfortunately, Google Maps does not support IE8 or IE9 at all anymore. The VAFS Client is made with Visual Studio, and embeds a special IE browser into the program. When the program uses a browser, it relies on the installed version of IE on the machine. Google Maps Browser Support

From your images, I can see that you are still using Windows Vista. Again, unfortunately, you can not update IE to anything higher than IE9. Internet Explorer System Requirements

It looks as though the only solution is to upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7 or higher. The good news is that you can find a legitimate Windows 10 product key for $20 -$50 USD. That's cheaper than a plane from PMDG! :lol: Google Buy Windows 10 Search Results (Just be careful who you get it from; check them out first!)

As long as your flights are being recorded, if you don't update Windows, you can still view your past flight logs from Google Chrome. Hope that helps. :?
Looks Like my laptop will run Windows 7 (extended EOL January 14 2020). I found license keys cheaper on google buys i think it is. it'll eat into my flightsim add-on money but i need things to work. I'll have to stick with FS2004.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » January 24th, 2019, 7:41 am

If you currently have a valid Windows 7 key, you can use it to download and activate Windows 10. Regardless of whether you registered or not. Here is the link for the Windows 10 Download Tool.
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

simplio
Class G Airspace

Post by simplio » January 24th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Sven2157 wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 7:41 am
If you currently have a valid Windows 7 key, you can use it to download and activate Windows 10. Regardless of whether you registered or not. Here is the link for the Windows 10 Download Tool.
I really doubt Windows 10 will run well enough on a 12 year old laptop. I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed.Running FS2004 at 70fps. VAFS5 now shows pilot data in log book. Windows XP couldn't.

Breaks my heart because I loved Windows XP. :| Now I have to learn how to navigate a Windows OS all over again. Windows XP was second nature to me and usually could fix things. This is out of hand with needing a new OS every time I turn my back! Everything is not immune to being a security risk. The newest OS's have flaws even. If it ain't broke don't replace it.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » January 24th, 2019, 9:48 pm

I agree! :lol:

But, I think they will be with Windows 10 for quite awhile, as they announced that they plan on expanding it, rather than creating a new OS. So that's a good thing. I do, however, recommend updating your hardware every 5 years if you can, as the technology is exponentially thrusting forward; placing more and more demand on the hardware.

I was also going to tell you that with WideFS 6.999z1, as long as both machines are on the same network, you can fly on your computer and run VAFS on your laptop! That way you get the best of both worlds!

Create a new thread if you need help with setup.

- Happy Landings! :ugeek:
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!