HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

PIREPs now completely not shown

General VAFS Discussions.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
SVAG1078
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
VA ID: 18517
Callsign: SVAG1078

Re: PIREPs now completely not shown

Post by SVAG1078 » September 2nd, 2017, 9:43 am

Sven, I'm unsure from where you got the idea I was screaming at you in any of my posts but your responses towards me certainly were. In fact, despite so many replies, the issue at hand (conveniently located in the title) is unresolved and well, not even addressed.

To reiterate: the PIREPs in VAFS are blank. Blank as in nothing is shown, at all, as per the screenshot.
Sven2157 wrote:Your screen shots, mean nothing, because in the end the flight was recorded. If it was not, then please let me know
My screenshot means everything actually, because it succinctly shows the issue at a glance. Please tell me, how would you like to go to a restaurant and order a dish, but only an empty plate is served to you? I will say to you (quite angrily) that your complaint means nothing, because you paid for a dish and I have given you a dish. An empty dish, but a dish nonetheless?
Sven2157 wrote: I am frustrated too!
Guys we're frustrated too.
I want - and NEED - the database to be expandable..., and I am taking my time with it, since the last 5 times didn't it expand good enough.
I want to be able to make "VAFS 7" quickly, and properly! But like I have been saying this whole time, WE NEED TO START OVER ...
Sorry guys & girls ... Happy Landings to all! But I want this PROPER, from the start ...
Nobody here is rushing you to finish V6. At least not me. It is not easy to be single developer and I get that. In fact I'm quite annoyed that he's practically abandoned the software while still collecting payments with you doing all the work but that's a discussion for another day. All we're asking for is maintaining basic functionality of V5 while you're working on V6. PIREPs are a pretty basic function of ACARS software so I would expect you to fix it before carrying on with V6 development.

tldr; Please fix the empty PIREPs. Take your time with V6.
Last edited by SVAG1078 on September 2nd, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac Tan
Director of Flight Operations
Singapore Virtual Airlines Group - SVAG1078

VA ID: 18517

fince
Class D Airspace
VA Name: AVAG
VA ID: 1569
Callsign: AAG951

Post by fince » September 2nd, 2017, 9:48 am

Sorry Sven, what I am trying say is that when engines shutdown, the updated PIREP is blank, but yes you can fill in the add comments, however if I have damage or any other problems I cannot report it at that point. The image in the first post is exactly the same I'm seeing so no point in attaching another. I can't check the PIREP until I open it in my VA, and if any problems are encountered, I would need to report it via our VAFS HELP page or PM the boss.

Paul Findlayson AVAG (116298) / (1569) AAG951
Paul Findlayson AVAG (1569) (116298) AAG951

fince
Class D Airspace

Post by fince » September 2nd, 2017, 11:59 am

Hi Sven, I just completed a flight and whilst viewing the completed PIREPs in the Logbook in the VAFS client, all the PIREPS are empty. The only way ican view the PIREPs is via my VA.

Regards

Paul Findlayson AUSVAG 116298 / 1569 AAG951

Tobus_75
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Andras Meridian Airlines
VA ID: 18501
Callsign: AMA141

Post by Tobus_75 » September 4th, 2017, 7:11 pm

All pilots of Andras Meridian VA showing exact same behaviour: no more pireps after flight and in VAFS client.
They do show ok via VAFS website (pilot login and VCAS).

Lesnolex
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
VA ID: 18518
Callsign: SVAG0002

Post by Lesnolex » September 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

The last time I sent a nice sweet email to Mike expressing my disappointment in the direction (or lack thereof) which VAFS is heading, it seems that being nice doesn't help at all with nothing being done to improve things here. And here we have Sven saying that screenshots mean nothing, essentially telling Isaac "Nothing can and will be done with your problem, suck it up and live with it". This is utter rubbish coming from someone in the management team, or any management team whatsoever.

If people tell you there is a problem with the current version and that it is almost not functioning at all, it is prudent to solve it without expressing that hell of negativity all over the forums. Having PIREPs showing ZERO information is unacceptable to any VA and makes all VAs on VAFS look stupid in front of their pilots and here we have Sven implying "Oh it's a browser issue, oh it's still functioning anyway, everybody just shut up and bear with it while I still collect subscription fees from you", I am not quite sure about Sven's professionalism and ethics.

To set the record straight, having dysfunctional plugins and PIREPs showing zero info = THE PILOT CLIENT IS BROKEN. Period. Let's just quit being in denial and just admit there is a problem that needs to be solved ASAP. Me and my VA have been here for a long long time and never has VAFS been more inefficient than in the past 1 year. Even my requests to join the CEO usergroup have not been accepted.

Warmest Regards,
Lester Lee - SVAG0002
President & CEO
Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
Warmest Regards,
Lester Lee
President & CEO
Singapore Virtual Airlines Group (SVAG)

VAFS001
Class A Airspace
VA Name: VAFS
VA ID: 1
Callsign: VAFS001

Post by VAFS001 » September 6th, 2017, 1:15 am

Sorry for not being around lately.

I have a solution for the pirep issue. The browser plugin is using IE7, for which the google map API does not allow any longer. I have fixed that, by opening up the users default browser. I just tested this and it is working. So that should be fixed.

I am also looking into the weather. I believe I can get that fixed as well in the short term.

I will reach out to Sven and see what other hot items that can be fixed in an updated exe for 5.

I was finally able to setup an environment at my office to where I can tweak here and there while I have spare minutes in the day. I can work on these things to a point, but that point may be growing in the coming weeks.

I will release an updated exe by this Saturday with at least the pirep working. (By the way, the flight logs just fine, you just cannot see it in the browser active x component)

Mike

captoveur
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Northwest Global
VA ID: 25366
Callsign: NWA360

Post by captoveur » September 6th, 2017, 3:43 am

Sven2157,

Valid concerns were raised regarding the PIREP information not showing up after the flight ends. Your replies and comments are totally out of line not to mention unprofessional. To tell people to just go if they are unhappy is mind blowing. No one is screaming at you. You are talking to paying customers as if they are kids. The subscription does not entirely work, PERIOD! You told someone that their screen shot means noting when it shows the very problem we all have.

It seems to me most of us have been very patient regarding the fix. You should not be the person as first contact answering posts. You prove yourself to be a rude hot-headed jerk that gives VAFS a bad name. You show no respect to paying customers.

Although it seems Mike may have just fixed the problem regarding PIREP info not showing, the damage to your reputation Sven will never be repaired.

James M. Levain, NWA001, Northwest Global Airlines

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » September 6th, 2017, 5:27 am

James,

I am sorry you feel that way. Is there something I can help you with?
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

VAFS001
Class A Airspace
VA Name: VAFS
VA ID: 1
Callsign: VAFS001

Post by VAFS001 » September 9th, 2017, 2:44 am

I believe I have fixed the flight logs and weather.

I can understand the frustrations for some with VAFS right now but please keep the posts civil please. Sven has held this forum together while I have been transitioning to a new position at work and has been doing a very good job of keeping active and helping people.

I am looking forward to getting back to work on this and there is nothing more I would like to see but people having fun, flying, and laughing on this forum once again.

Stay tuned.

Mike

fince
Class D Airspace

Post by fince » September 10th, 2017, 5:25 am

Thank you Mike and Sven for your work, very much appreciated.