HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[UPDATES] VAFS 6 - Community

General VAFS Discussions.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
wings138
Class E Airspace
VA Name: Pacific Alaska Airways
VA ID: 24393
Callsign: PAK1500

Re: [UPDATES] VAFS 6 - Community

Post by wings138 » May 5th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Well, arguing about this isn't making it come out any faster now is it?

I am happy to see updates about the programs, but when people think it is unfair to have to wait for an update, and argue about it, that's just not quite the same now is it.

I would like to say thank you guys for the help we get here, even if others don't always say so. For those that don't know what they have, send them over to FSAirlines, over there it takes 3 months to change the name of your airline, and even longer to cancel and get your money back.

I understand what Sven is saying, we subscribe to the current versions available here, not what will come. It's the same thing with versions of Flight Simulator, you buy FSX, but that doesn't give you rights to the Steam edition.

Anyway, I have hopes that version 6 will be released soon, and from what I've read on updates, it appears that it could be happening soon.

I only really have one question from a CEO point of view, do we know how much work if any there will be for us with our routes and stuff switching to version 6? If we don't know yet, no biggie, we will find out later I guess.

Anyway, thanks for all the help here.
Last edited by wings138 on May 10th, 2015, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Alaska Airways

Stacy Krahn

TPA-121
Class E Airspace
VA Name:
VA ID: 0
Callsign:

Post by TPA-121 » May 22nd, 2015, 2:20 pm

Just dropping by to say hey Mike. That real life stuff always gets in the way. I know. Keep up the good work. Hopefully real life will ease up on you. Have a great day Mike. Miss the talks we used to have. Even with Pizzma LOL...

VA ID:17572 - Tropical Paradise Air - TPA121

TransBrasil
Class D Airspace
VA Name: TransBrasil Virtual Airlines
VA ID: 19210
Callsign: TBA

Post by TransBrasil » June 7th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Hi.

It was announced the release of the new version to last December.
So far we have no news. No new news for long time.
When will the new version will be released?

19210 - TransBrasil Virtual Airlines - TBA009

SAAMY
Class C Airspace
VA Name: AirFrance Virtuel
VA ID: 18907
Callsign: AFR001

Post by SAAMY » June 22nd, 2015, 3:40 pm

Hello VAFS Team,

We are on last of June 15 !!  I think it's time to give atleast an update about this projet !! Lot of pilot's have technical issue in actual VAFS5 :

- Error VAFS cannot log the flight

- Blank Pirep (support ask in this forumbut not reply since more than 1 week !!!)

So, you don't support your actual client for VAFS 5, and You don't give any update for your futur version VAFS 6, I think it's not possible to continue like this...

As a one of the big VAFS Virtual Airline CEO, i want to share my dissatisfaction... It's Time to react... time to have atleast one post, one update, anythink !!

If you can't give me any explanation, or support for our problem, tell me one good reason to hope VAFS seriousness ??

It's the first time that i share my dissactisfaction in public forum, but it's enought.. my patience have an limit also.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, i don't use any translator, but just my basic knowledge in english.

Advance thankx to give me, and to give for all VAFS Community, that trust you, an point of situation, an update, or any news !! Because, we don't have the same vision of a couple of week....

Best regards,
Last edited by SAAMY on June 22nd, 2015, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.airfrancevirtuel.com">Image</a>
Bertin BERCHMAN // SAAMY
Founder & CEO of AirFrance Virtuel
18907 - AIR FRANCE VIRTUAL - AFR001 - <a href="http://www.airfrancevirtuel.com">www.airfrancevirtuel.com
-- Our World Takes Off... Where the Sky Begins... --
</a>

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » June 23rd, 2015, 7:01 pm

Bertin,

I understand your frustrations. The client has issues, but works. It has worked for the last 4 years.

Issues with your pilot's computers, cannot be blamed on VAFS, as no other VA, or pilot is reporting them. Issues with the log are a network error on your pilot's computer. It means that the client could not send the log back to the VAFS servers; because it was being blocked, or there was no internet.

As a CEO of my own VA, I can agree that you need to protect the interests of your pilots. If discontinued use of VAFS is what is best for you and your pilots, then I wish you the best of luck. I can assure you though, that no one is going to beg you to stay. That does nobody any good, and in a couple weeks when you're frustrated again, you will just threaten to leave again. It is not conducive to VAFS's interests, nor your interests.

These forums have served as the main support for VAFS, since the release of 5. There are, literally, years worth of knowledge here, and simple searches will find answers to 99.99% of all the problems with the VAFS client.

I have been talking/working with Mike on the development of the new client/website. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Mike is not delaying VAFS 6 to spite anyone. Since there are so many issues with VAFS 5, a lot of the original code needs to be re-written, so that existing and new features can easily, and more correctly, be implemented. This will make tracking bugs, or adding features down the road, faster and easier. Mike is one person, and is the sole developer. I do everything I can to help, but in the end, it is Mike, and Mike alone.

At the moment, he is trying to get situated in his new home. Hopefully that will be this coming weekend; hopefully! When that happens, and the dust settles, development will resume on VAFS 6. Until then, if there is a specific problem you are having, please use the search or make a post, detailing the issue.

Should your VA seek other avenues of ACARS, thank you for your patronage, and good luck!
Last edited by Sven2157 on June 23rd, 2015, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » July 9th, 2015, 7:35 am

Sven2157 wrote:I was just wondering if anyone knew when VAFS 6 was going to be released? :roll:

LOL, sorry tension breaker, had to be done...
( original post )

LOL! You know what is so funny about this?

I posted this the day after VAFS 5 was finally released! :o

:lol:
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

mdrinkle
Class D Airspace
VA Name: AC Virtual
VA ID: 26750
Callsign: ACVP01

Post by mdrinkle » September 8th, 2015, 3:25 pm

With a lot of new programs and software no longer working on Windows XP will there be any issues using VAFS6 on Windows XP?

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » September 8th, 2015, 4:13 pm

mdrinkle wrote:With a lot of new programs and software no longer working on Windows XP will there be any issues using VAFS6 on Windows XP?
That all depends on how the client is compiled. There should be no reason why it wouldn't, but in the event that there is an issue, there is always compatibility mode for Windows XP.

You really should think about upgrading to, at least, Windows Vista.
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

taran
Class C Airspace
VA Name: Seattle Virtual Airlines
VA ID: 26254
Callsign: ZSE101

Post by taran » September 25th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Where's the update? It's been a LONG TIME since we've gotten one... and if it's taking this long why not hire people to do the upgrade for you? I'm not trying to hassle Mike but it's kind of sad.... the amount of money you make per month just from this one program and you can get the update done in less than a year? I mean if I were you it'd be on the top list of priorities because then more people would use the program and less people would leave the program......

ASQ001
Class G Airspace
VA Name: ExpressJet
VA ID: 25131
Callsign: ASQ001

Post by ASQ001 » September 29th, 2015, 7:10 pm

taran wrote:Where's the update? It's been a LONG TIME since we've gotten one... and if it's taking this long why not hire people to do the upgrade for you? I'm not trying to hassle Mike but it's kind of sad.... the amount of money you make per month just from this one program and you can get the update done in less than a year? I mean if I were you it'd be on the top list of priorities because then more people would use the program and less people would leave the program......
I have to say I agree. I've been on and off with VAFS throughout the years. More recently in 2013, so after coming back I figured we'd have 6 up and running but boy was I wrong.
Jacob Kyser
ASQ001
CEO - ExpressJet Virtual Airlines
VA ID - 25131