HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[UPDATES] VAFS 6 - Community

General VAFS Discussions.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
taran
Class C Airspace
VA Name: Seattle Virtual Airlines
VA ID: 26254
Callsign: ZSE101

Re: [UPDATES] VAFS 6 - Community

Post by taran » April 3rd, 2015, 7:46 pm

I know you are a very busy person, so I'm not trying to rush you at all. But we haven't received any updates recently.

Just wondering how the progress is. Any new updates on VAFS6 and/or its release date?

wings138
Class E Airspace
VA Name: Pacific Alaska Airways
VA ID: 24393
Callsign: PAK1500

Post by wings138 » April 4th, 2015, 12:15 am

Well, i think the news on 6 is great, I was with an airline 2 years ago, and remember seeing something on it's development.

Just wondering if the Stockmarket will be implemented in 6?  I think it would be a lot of fun to have that too...

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope to hear more when you have it.
Pacific Alaska Airways

Stacy Krahn

taran
Class C Airspace
VA Name: Seattle Virtual Airlines
VA ID: 26254
Callsign: ZSE101

Post by taran » April 9th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Dave Hayes
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Trans Australia Aviation Group
VA ID: 17946
Callsign: 779

Post by Dave Hayes » April 12th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Please do not lock this thread because of my comments as this one was: http://www.myvafinancials.com/v5/index. ... 841-vafs6/

As a long time user and supporter of VAFS (2008), an update of v6 would be appreciative as the last was nearing 4 months ago. We are not asking for a release date, but a blog of the current status would be great please. 

As we know and all experience, there are many bugs in v5 and as this version hasn't and will never updated/upgraded, I think we are within our rights to ask the question on the long and awaiting progress.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Dave Hayes on April 12th, 2015, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAID - 17946 - Trans-Australia Aviation Group - Dave Hayes (CEO) - Pilot ID - 779

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » April 12th, 2015, 2:12 pm

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dave Hayes" data-cid="20887" data-time="1428845081">Please do not lock this thread because of my comments as this one was: http://www.myvafinancials.com/v5/index. ... 841-vafs6/

As a long time user and supporter of VAFS (2008), an update of v6 would be appreciative as the last was nearing 4 months ago. We are not asking for a release date, but a blog of the current status would be great please. 

As we know and all experience, there are many bugs in v5 and as this version hasn't and will never updated/upgraded, I think we are within our rights to ask the question on the long and awaiting progress.

Thank you in advance.</blockquote>I don't have to explain my moderation choices to anyone but Mike. Since you feel it necessary to call me out in an open forum, I shall post my response here, as well.

That thread was locked for several reasons. There are already two threads Mike started about this topic. If there are 20 threads all on the same subject, then Mike starts posting updates in the last topic that someone started, and it makes it difficult to see if there are any new updates. Since no one here seems to use the search feature of the forums, new threads of the same subject will start popping up more and more often. Eventually there are fragments of updates scattered all over the forum.

As I have said to others in the past. You pay for a subscription to a service. That's it. The client, bug free or not, is what is used to interact with that service. No one has been promised anything. You have the right to ask questions, yes, but in the appropriate area of the forum, and to an extent. You don't have a right to repeatedly badger the same questions, or keep starting new topics, expecting to get a different result about the same subject. Your length of VAFS use, gives you no more rights than someone that has been a subscriber for a month!

Mike has been posting updates as he has them. He also has posted, as well as myself, that he has been busy with his new position in his real world job, as well as with his home situation. You haven't seen any updates, because there are NONE! Mike is the sole developer, and as such, none of us here in the forums have any new developments either!

Good grief guys! I want P3D in a x64 Bit format, but you don't see one post from me over at Lockheed's forums, badgering them about that release date.

VAFS 6 UPDATE as of 2015-04-12
The current development has been shelved, due to Mike's new work load and his family getting all set to move. Work may resume when Mike gets in his new house, and things at work settle down again. Until then, everyone is just going to have to wait. As he always does, and as a courteous, Mike will post again when there is a new development.

Aside from that, VAFS 5 may have some bugs, or may not have some features you want, but it is stable, and it has logged millions of flights, for the last 2+ years. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
Last edited by Sven2157 on April 13th, 2015, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

briansommers

Post by briansommers » April 14th, 2015, 10:02 am

Wow! Why am I not surprised.

VAFS001
Class A Airspace
VA Name: VAFS
VA ID: 1
Callsign: VAFS001

Post by VAFS001 » April 15th, 2015, 5:20 am

If it supports FSUIPC then yes.

584 - Pizzma's World Airlines - PWA644

rpatton
Class E Airspace
VA Name: Wings of Alaska Virtual
VA ID: 26236
Callsign: SQH001

Post by rpatton » April 26th, 2015, 8:30 pm

In a previous post,  it was written, "As a paying customer, you paid for a subscription to VAFS 5, NOT VAFS 6, and you can cancel anytime! Entitlement was also not in the product description, so you are NOT entitled to VAFS 6, because you paid for a subscription to VAFS 5."

AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND VAFINANCIALS.COM

VAFinancials.com should be considered in this document as the VAFinancials.com website, the VCAS web application, VAFS client and any other services or applications provided by VAFinancials.com.  VAFinancials.com is comprised of various Web pages, Web Applications, and Clients operated by VAFinancials.com.  VAFinancials.com is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of any applications and website under VAFinancials.com constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.

I don't see anything that says specific to a subscription to VAFS5.  I think I think the point this individual was trying to make was the subscription now  that are active were started with VAFS5.  Being passionate is fine, but being factual is better.  In my opinion, I think the original poster of the question regarding VAFS6 implementation probably was just looking for timely and scheduled updates on the progress for VAFS6 not for a definitive date.

The other extreme is that if enough people cancel their subscriptions based on the delay or frustrations over a lack of progress (in their minds), that (in their minds) might be a motivating factor for a quicker implementation, ie  after all the bottom line is the amount of money brought in by the paid subscriptions to keep this project that we all use continuing.  If the CEOs find fertile ground elsewhere, that is where they will go. 
    I personally, would hate to see a great project go down the tubes considering where flight simulation started (prior to VATSIM/IVAO) to where we are today.
Robert Patton II
CEO, Wings of Alaska Virtual
VATSIM ID 873778

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » April 26th, 2015, 8:39 pm

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rpatton" data-cid="21001" data-time="1430080223">...
I don't see anything that says specific to a subscription to VAFS5.
...</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rpatton" data-cid="21001" data-time="1430080223">...     
VAFinancials.com should be considered in this document as the VAFinancials.com website, the VCAS web application, VAFS client and any other services or applications provided by VAFinancials.com.  VAFinancials.com is comprised of various Web pages, Web Applications, and Clients operated by VAFinancials.com.  VAFinancials.com is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of any applications and website under VAFinancials.com constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
...</blockquote>
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

rpatton
Class E Airspace
VA Name: Wings of Alaska Virtual
VA ID: 26236
Callsign: SQH001

Post by rpatton » April 27th, 2015, 8:17 pm

"and any other services or applications provided by VAFinancials.com." is a very broad term and in my view still not specific to VAFS5.  I really don't think we are going to go back a version!  We can agree to disagree I guess, but still this does not address the issue of timely and scheduled updates on the progress (if any) on the next version (in this case VAFS6).  Mike may see light at the end of the tunnel, but who else see's that light.  I think this is what they are looking for.  Something tangible to keep the hope alive!  
Robert Patton II
CEO, Wings of Alaska Virtual
VATSIM ID 873778