HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[2018-10-06] VCAS, FLASH, CHROME, ADOBE & GOOGLE!

Announcements and important information about vafinancials.com.
Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

[2018-10-06] VCAS, FLASH, CHROME, ADOBE & GOOGLE!

Post by Sven2157 » October 7th, 2018, 12:18 am

! Message from: Sven2157
This seems to only affect Google Chrome users.
Hello Everyone,

I just logged into VCAS while testing something not related, and found that the main entry point is broken. Forever spinning, and the page never loads.

Upon further inspection, I realized that the page works perfectly fine, though it seems broken. For those of you that don't know, Adobe and Google, DO NOT LIKE ONE ANOTHER! This all stems from the usage and developmental rights of Adobe's Flash technology. To get back at Adobe, Google has deemed all Flash content as "potentially harmful", and prevents it from automatically running, without the users' consent.

Some of you may have noticed this, while visiting pages that are written with Flash embedded in them. For instance, the home page of the VA Financials main site. The carousel that has all the VA's banners, is not there at first. Instead you see a little box with the Flash logo in the top left corner of carousel:
20181006_flash_banner_vafs.png
Once you click that little box, you are presented with the ability to Allow or Block the Flash content. The software/scripts we use for uploading the VA images, also uses Flash. So the browser is blocking the files from loading and stopping the page dead in it's tracks.

Simple fix though. If this happens to you, click the little lock icon, to the left of the URL:
20181006_allow_flash_vcas.png
This will open the Site Information window:
20181006_site_information_window.png
Just click the dropdown button, select Allow, and then reload the page. Boom! Everything works fine.

- Happy Landings! :ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!