HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

Military VA such as AMC

Let us know what your wishes and/or ideas are for VAFS/VCAS here.

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
perryfincher
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Pan American Virtual
VA ID: 26271
Callsign: PA01

Military VA such as AMC

Post by perryfincher » February 1st, 2019, 7:28 pm

Hey Sven;

I was looking around the forum in regards to military cargo virtual airlines and aircraft.
I saw one topic about coming up with a list of military specific cargo for military aircraft to fly.
It is an old topic, but peeked my interest.
If I am correct, the abbrev. MI is for routes/flight schedules for military routes.
If I took the time to come up with a list of military specific cargo with weights, names, and
etc.; can these cargo items be linked specifically to routes / flight schedules with the schedule type of MI for military routes?
If so, what type of information would you need?
Also, is there away to make military aircraft not be required to lease or purchase due to military VA shouldn't have a profit gain or loss. As you know they are funded by government. Perhaps if a Military VA such as an Air Mobility Command VA subscribed to VAFS, they can get a budget such as around One Trillion Dollars once per year or a yearly budget to purchase military aircraft, fuel, etc. And the schedule code for "MI" will only show military routes and payloads.

Also, a charter or free flight options that allows pilots to fly from any airport to any airport without selecting a pre-set flight schedule.

I had once thought of creating a Air Mobility Command virtual airline and like VAFS, but thought perhaps the use of VAFS of military VAs could be looked at.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time and all your help
Perry Fincher

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: Military VA such as AMC

Post by Sven2157 » February 2nd, 2019, 12:53 am

Hello Perry,

Mike and I are slowly discussing this particular "path" for the program. Personally I don't feel that F-16's, P-51's or C-130's belong here - though I LOVE THEM SO!

My personal thoughts are:
Sven2157 wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 12:53 am
This is a Virtual Airlines (← KEY) program, and the military doesn't belong in a Capitalist Economy.
That being said, I think maybe a second version of the client could easily be implemented, after the first, to accommodate a Military type ACARS System? Mayvbe?

It will be slow, but I will keep you posted on Mike and I's conversation about this.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!