HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

PMDG 747 V3 prepar3d

Support for VAFS 5 Pilot Client (App).

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
peteg59
Class C Airspace
VA Name: PHOENIX FREIGHT AND CHARTER
VA ID: 19773
Callsign: PFC215

PMDG 747 V3 prepar3d

Post by peteg59 » February 4th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Hi Guy's

Have just installed the new PMDG 747 V3 i also use Prepar 3D and have done for 4 month's now with no issues.. the client books the flight, but after selecting your cargo then clicking start flight the client stop's responding for a second and then continues. engines stop on the aircraft and when i start engines back up taxi and take off block time is set and it's tracking the flight and doing all what it suppose to do...but for some reason it's not showing on the flight board..on my website,also on Vafs map on website...when i land set parking break flight upload's normally and in the last 10 flights the report is there, Any ideas..Sven.....it works fine with the PMDG 777/ 737...

Regards Pete Gardner TIA

peteg59
Class C Airspace

Re: PMDG 747 V3 prepar3d

Post by peteg59 » February 5th, 2017, 10:41 am

Sven2157 wrote:First off,

... Attacking me me, personally is not going to accomplish anything! Right off the bat!

Lol Attacking You.....Read the post, i can't see no attacking you at all.... Only reason i ask you is because you are the only person who help's on the forum....Just did not know if it was a client issue, or an update was needed...for client or pmdg... :lol:

ansa
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Pizzmas World Airlines
VA ID: 584
Callsign: ANSA

Post by ansa » February 6th, 2017, 2:55 pm

The same problem, but with FSX SE :?:

:o I wonder where my profile has come?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

caribsky
Class G Airspace
VA Name: flyBlue Virtual
VA ID: 19689
Callsign: FBU246

Post by caribsky » February 7th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Same problem with our VA. P3D and PMDG 747v3 users aren't displaying on the flight board and live map. Like peteg59, we're just looking to see if there is a possible explanation and maybe a work around?

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » February 8th, 2017, 2:32 am

peteg59 wrote:Lol Attacking You.....Read the post, i can't see no attacking you at all.... Only reason i ask you is because you are the only person who help's on the forum....Just did not know if it was a client issue, or an update was needed...for client or pmdg... :lol:
Sorry Pete,

:oops: I completely misread that entire post! I have deleted those remarks and will begin a new.

@peteg59

This could be a firewall issue, as while you are in flight, the client is in constant contact with the VAFS server. If it can't reach the server, then you will not show up in the locations you have mentioned. At the end of the flight, the log is generated and then uploaded to the VAFS server.

I believe that while in flight, the client uses UDP instead of TCP, to keep the communication open. The uploading of the flight log is then done over TCP.

The only other thing I can think of, is that PMDG, in their infinite wisdom, is using port 80 for some BS product security, and it is hogging the port (only one computer, program can use a single port, at a time).

@ansa
I fixed your signature and it will display correctly from now on. The Plugins links changed. Please add your VA Name, VA ID and Callsign to your profile (preferred) or signature.

@Everyone
Please make sure that the VAFS client has FULL access to the internet, on both TCP and UDP. After that, make sure that you start your client BEFORE flight sim; or at least before you select the v3 744. Let me know how you fare ...
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

cargo747
Class E Airspace
VA Name: Virtual Cargolux
VA ID: 19042
Callsign: CLX001

Post by cargo747 » February 8th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Not a problem with PMDG users showing on the flight-board

:mrgreen:
best regards,
Norbert Pflug-Hofmayr
www.virtualcargolux.org

peteg59
Class C Airspace

Post by peteg59 » February 8th, 2017, 4:23 pm

Thanks Sven......

Tried what you said and for some reason still not showing up...not sure what's going on.....have no problem's with the PMDG 777 and the 737...there both working fine, and showing on the flight board. Even dropped the firewall completely .. why the version 3, 747 is not i just don't know.but not to worry, client is recording the flights fine,so just wait for an update on PMDG and see if it sort's itself out....

Thanks for the reply Sven....

Regards Pete

Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Post by Sven2157 » February 9th, 2017, 6:21 am

Pete,

Let me check the logs, and see if the "MAP", or others, or spitting out errors on the the server... Stand by, and I will let you know. :?:
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

VAFS001
Class A Airspace
VA Name: VAFS
VA ID: 1
Callsign: VAFS001

Post by VAFS001 » February 9th, 2017, 6:24 am

PMDG aircraft are tricky. They have and use their own offsets in FSUIPC. Not sure what they are doing behind the scenes but sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

I may revert to using simconnect with FSX in the future, and only using FSUIPC for FS9 users. But that still may not solve some of the PMDG issues.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful but it is what it is.

Mike

ansa
Class D Airspace
VA Name: Pizzmas World Airlines
VA ID: 584
Callsign: ANSA

Post by ansa » February 9th, 2017, 9:02 am

Thank you Mike and Sven.

I think it can only be due to PMDG
584 Pizzma's World