I just got done testing and coding the new Route Importer, and now I am please to announce that it is finally functional! I have changed a lot of the code; I actually re-wrote the whole thing.
So let's dive right in to the new functionality over the old. Here are some of the changes I have made to the route import:
- The new importer can now accept files that have HEADERS!
- Just make sure that you check the box, ONLY if you are using headers, or you will lose the first row.
- The importer will now UPDATE existing routes, and ADD new routes; all from the same file.
- Any route line that does not have a SCHEDULE ID (SCH ID - first field), will be ADDED to the VA routes
- There are no restrictions on file size, or amount of routes you can import.
- There are 3 stages to the new import system:
- Verify the format of the CSV file uploaded. If it fails, it will tell you exactly where it failed!
- Verify the actual data being submitted. If it fails, it will tell you exactly where it failed!
- If the first two tests pass, then the importer will finally ADD/UPDATE routes.
- The output window shows the progress of the import process. However, this is pretty sketchy at the moment.
- The new Route Exporter is completely compatible with the new Route Importer!
Along the way, I discovered a bug in the system that deals with the Airports. As Timber updates airports, they sometimes get a new ICAO; i.e. WARJ -> WAHH. As such, the Routes themselves don't get told about this, and continue to use the old ICAO. When you try to update your routes, you may get a message saying:
Route Importer wrote:Error 170: Cannot find the DEPARTING airport: XXXX (Line: ###)
Error 194: Cannot find the ARRIVAL airport: XXXX (Line: ###)
If this is the case, please note the ICAO, and report them, along with the updated ICAO, in the VAFS 5 VCAS Support forum, so I can get them fixed.
I think that is it for now, so as always, if you have any questions comments or concerns, please create a topic for them in their respective Forums.