• HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE WEB ADDONS AND PLUGINS? PLEASE SEE THIS POST.
  • HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[2016-04-13] Route Import 2.0 is here!

Announcements and important information about vafinancials.com.
Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

[2016-04-13] Route Import 2.0 is here!

Postby Sven2157 » April 14th, 2016, 4:54 am

Hello CEOs and Airmen!

I just got done testing and coding the new Route Importer, and now I am please to announce that it is finally functional! I have changed a lot of the code; I actually re-wrote the whole thing.

So let's dive right in to the new functionality over the old. Here are some of the changes I have made to the route import:
  • The new importer can now accept files that have HEADERS!
    • Just make sure that you check the box, ONLY if you are using headers, or you will lose the first row.
  • The importer will now UPDATE existing routes, and ADD new routes; all from the same file.
    • Any route line that does not have a SCHEDULE ID (SCH ID - first field), will be ADDED to the VA routes
  • There are no restrictions on file size, or amount of routes you can import.
    •  ! Message from: Sven2157
      I tested with 20K+ routes, and though it didn't kill the server, it took a long time: 10 mins +!

This is not ideal, and is not recommended! It is suggested to import ONLY what you need to Add or Update! Anyone abusing or trying foolish imports will be held accountable! Folks, c'mon, don't ruin it for everyone ...
  • There are 3 stages to the new import system:
    1. Verify the format of the CSV file uploaded. If it fails, it will tell you exactly where it failed!
    2. Verify the actual data being submitted. If it fails, it will tell you exactly where it failed!
    3. If the first two tests pass, then the importer will finally ADD/UPDATE routes.
  • The output window shows the progress of the import process. However, this is pretty sketchy at the moment.
  • The new Route Exporter is completely compatible with the new Route Importer!
There are a couple things to note:

Along the way, I discovered a bug in the system that deals with the Airports. As Timber updates airports, they sometimes get a new ICAO; i.e. WARJ -> WAHH. As such, the Routes themselves don't get told about this, and continue to use the old ICAO. When you try to update your routes, you may get a message saying:
Route Importer wrote:Error 170: Cannot find the DEPARTING airport: XXXX (Line: ###)
Error 194: Cannot find the ARRIVAL airport: XXXX (Line: ###)

If this is the case, please note the ICAO, and report them, along with the updated ICAO, in the VAFS 5 VCAS Support forum, so I can get them fixed.

I think that is it for now, so as always, if you have any questions comments or concerns, please create a topic for them in their respective Forums.

Happy Landings! :ugeek:
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

Return to “VAFS Announcements”