HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN? PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, USE THE 'FORGOT PASSWORD' INSTEAD!

[ERROR] Route Importer 2.0 Issues ...

Support for VAFS 5 Virtual Airline CEO Administration System (VCAS).

READ & FOLLOW THE POSTING RULES BEFORE POSTING!
Sven2157
Class A Airspace
VA Name: Chicago Flights
VA ID: 17898
Callsign: CFX2157

Re: [ERROR] Route Importer 2.0 Issues ...

Post by Sven2157 » December 14th, 2016, 12:01 am

taran wrote:Ok,

So instead of having to calculate the range of the route and aircraft... is there a way that you can add the old script that made the importer skip over routes that have issues? It keeps telling me the aircraft doesn't have the range to to fly a certain route so it stops importing any of them.....

Thanks,
Taran
Even if you could get the route to go through, the VAFS client won't allow you to do the flight. Either the aircraft has the range, or it doesn't. Unfortunately, there is no middle ground. The best I can offer is to:
  1. Set another aircraft for the route, that can handle the distance, but is about the same as the one desired
  2. Pull the route(s) from the CSV file, and manually enter them into the system.
Outside of those two options, the choices are beyond me.
Regards,

Sven2157

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO!
PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

taran
Class C Airspace
VA Name: Seattle Virtual Airlines
VA ID: 26254
Callsign: ZSE101

Post by taran » December 14th, 2016, 2:52 am

Before the update the importer would simply not add the routes that had conflicts and just add the ones that didn't. Now, with the update, if it has an error it rejects the entire file instead of just the issued routes....

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » December 14th, 2016, 3:12 am

taran wrote:Before the update the importer would simply not add the routes that had conflicts and just add the ones that didn't. Now, with the update, if it has an error it rejects the entire file instead of just the issued routes....
Just remove the routes that get skipped or are causing the script to stop.
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

taran
Class C Airspace

Post by taran » December 14th, 2016, 2:43 pm

IN that case, we'd still have to do trial and error and upload a million times because it stops at the first error, doesn't tell you every error....

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » December 14th, 2016, 4:12 pm

taran wrote:IN that case, we'd still have to do trial and error and upload a million times because it stops at the first error, doesn't tell you every error....
Sure it does; I wrote the script. If there is something wrong, it tells you exactly why it is failing, and at which line it failed - in both the script and the CSV file.

What is it that you are trying to do exactly? Do you have an example file I could see?
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

taran
Class C Airspace

Post by taran » December 14th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I have a large list of routes I want to import for my aircraft, and no, the importer stops looking at the routes once it finds the first one that has an error such as not enough range in that specified aircraft.

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » December 14th, 2016, 5:31 pm

taran wrote:I have a large list of routes I want to import for my aircraft, and no, the importer stops looking at the routes once it finds the first one that has an error such as not enough range in that specified aircraft.
Ok, so it tells you exactly what the issue is: The aircraft can't make the flight.

It stops, so you can fix the error. Can you manually add the route? If so, will the VAFS client let you fly it?
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

taran
Class C Airspace

Post by taran » December 15th, 2016, 7:00 am

yes, but what i'm saying is, is the old version it would simply add the routes that work, and skip the routes that wouldn't in this case the range of the aircraft... it would simply skip them if they were out of that aircraft's range... the new version, adds to the problem of taking forever to add routes such as having to set routes for each individual aircraft....

Sven2157
Class A Airspace

Post by Sven2157 » December 15th, 2016, 7:06 am

taran wrote:yes, but what i'm saying is, is the old version it would simply add the routes that work, and skip the routes that wouldn't in this case the range of the aircraft... it would simply skip them if they were out of that aircraft's range... the new version, adds to the problem of taking forever to add routes such as having to set routes for each individual aircraft....
Sorry Taran,

But you are the ONLY one complaining about it ... I am trying to offer a solution, by geting your CSV file, but you so far, have seemed to not want to give it to me ...

The script IS NOT CHANGING; as it adds so MUCH MORE to the ability to handle routes. Your situation is unique, and I would love to help you, but only if you let me...

I need the CSV file you are trying to use, as your desired routes. Just for the record, you never told me if you EXPORTED the routes, from your own VCAS, nor did you answer my questions, about the manual input ... :roll:
Regards,

Sven2157

PLEASE ASK IN THE FORUM!

Go7
Class G Airspace
VA Name: Go7 air
VA ID: 26308
Callsign: GO7

How to insert SCH ID in my routes ?

Post by Go7 » January 16th, 2017, 10:20 am

How to insert SCH ID in my routes ?

How do I know which SCH ID?

thanks any help !

Go7